Privacy & Legal
Last updated July 29, 2022.
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Compass Insurance Agency (“Company“, “we“, “us“, or “our“). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Online Privacy Statement
Table Of Contents
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Your Information?
- Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?
- Who Will Your Information Be Shared With?
- How Long Do We Keep Your Information
- Do We Collect Information From Minors?
- What Are Your Privacy Rights?
- Controls For Do-Not-Track Features
- Do California Residents Have Specific Privacy Rights?
- Do We Make Updates To This Policy?
- How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?
1. What Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information You Disclose To Us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services when participating in activities on the Services or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information Automatically Collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To provide insurance quotes. By submitting any quote form, you provide your electronic signature and express written consent to calls, text messages, pre-recorded messaging, emails, and postal mail from this Web site. You consent to using an Automatic Telephone Dialing System or prerecorded voices. You understand that your signature is not a condition of purchasing any property, goods, or services and that you may revoke your consent at any time. Standard message and data rates may apply.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end-users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
4. Who Will Your Information Be Shared With?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties. We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may be easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation: Google AdSense
- Affiliate Marketing Programs: ClickBank
- Communicate and Chat with Users: LiveChat
- Content Optimization: Google Fonts, MailChimp widget plugin and Wufoo form embed
- Data Backup and Security: Dropbox Backup
- Retargeting Platforms: Google Ads Remarketing
- User Commenting and Forums: Google Tag Manager
- Web and Mobile Analytics: Google Analytics Google Ads and Google Tag Manager
- Website Performance Monitoring: Web Performance
6. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. Do We Collect Information From Minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. What Are Your Privacy Rights?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
Cookies and Similar Technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
9. Controls For Do-Not-Track Features
10. Do California Residents Have Specific Privacy Rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California law provides California residents with the following privacy rights:
- Right To Access Personal Information: Individuals exercising this right may request access to the categories and specific pieces of their personal information we have collected in the prior 12-month period. Individuals exercising this right may receive their personal information, when provided electronically, in a readily-useable format.
- Right To Deletion: Individuals exercising this right can ask us to delete their personal information we have collected, though we may be permitted to retain personal information for certain purposes.
- Right To Disclosure: Individuals exercising this right can receive additional information regarding the sources from which we collect information, the purposes for which we collect and share personal information, the information of theirs we hold, and the categories of parties with whom we share their information.
- Right To Opt-Out Of Sales: As permitted by applicable law, we may share your personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration (under California law, this is considered a “sale”). You may opt-out of such a “sale” of your personal information to third parties. You can exercise your right to opt-out by following instructions in Section 5 (“OPT OUT”).
- Right To Be Free From Discrimination: Users may freely exercise these rights without fear of being denied goods or services.
Currently, this law specifically applies to California residents. If you are a resident of California and would like to exercise one of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may designate an authorized agent to request the exercise of one or more of these rights on your behalf. Please note all consumer requests are subject to verification and there may be circumstances where we do not honor your request, as permitted under the law. We may verify your request by asking for additional information about how you found out about https://compassinsurancelivonia.com/, who referred you to https://compassinsurancelivonia.com/, to make a request (which Publisher, Querier or Partner referred you to us) and which websites you made the same requests to; and we will need to be able to verify with that Publisher or Partner as to the validity of your request first. If you are using an authorized agent, such requests are subject to the same criteria.
California’s “Shine the Light” Law
Additionally, under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to either: (1) a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided; or (2) to be notified of a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with third parties. We have elected the second option. To opt-out of having your information shared with third parties, please see instructions in Section 5 (“OPT OUT”).
11. Do We Make Updates To This Policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
12. How Can You Contact Us About This Policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Compass Insurance Agency – Livonia
33723 Five Mile Rd.
Livonia, MI 48154